14 January, 2014

Still trying to sort it out

My CenturyLink DSL was fast tracked by the saleswoman and supposedly turned on by last Friday, the 10th, at 5 pm.  I had gotten a call from the tech that morning, letting me know he was turning the service on.  During that conversation it was discovered that he was trying to turn on the service for the wrong apartment.  Of course.  We got the unit number changed and he said that he wouldn't need to get into my apartment and that I would be good to go by the time I got home.  Alas, I was in and out too quickly to have time to test the modem, and anyway he was off work on Monday.  So yesterday as soon as I could I started getting the modem set up.  And wouldn't you know it -- no connection!  I called him and left a message and then sent an email to the saleswoman who, by this time, is going crazy with this sale.  I am sure she wishes I had never turned up at her breakfast.  I am fairly certain I'll have it linked it when I get home tonight.  And then tomorrow I'll not have cable anymore so I'll have to figure out the HD antenna and how to get the AppleTV to work.  Maybe I'll have time to do that tonight.

Vacation is starting to affect my days.  All I want to do is get out of here!!  I need to spend a little time tonight deciding what I'm going to take and try on a couple of outfits.  It shouldn't take too long.  I think a couple of yoga skirts and a few tops, my bathing suit and a hat.  Maybe a long dress or two and some cut offs.  Oh man, I am just SO excited to get to this tropical paradise.  I made reservations for Sunday to watch the football game.  And Monday we're all going to take a cooking class in Zihuatanejo, which should be fun.  They will take us to the market to pick out the ingredients and then back to the school (which I believe is outside) to show us how to make something.  And that's about as strenuous as I want to get.

I was dreaming last night - or maybe it was the last dream I had before I woke, because it seems like I was dreaming this dream ALL night -- about being with my friends in Europe.  Since I normally go in either the fall or winter, it is easy for me to imagine myself there and I've been especially missing them lately.  A lot.  Oh well.  Since we can always only be in one place at a time, I think it best that I "be here now".  Thank you Ram Dass.   

No comments: