10 November, 2015

A mind of her own

My new iPhone still has some surprises for me.  One of the things I haven't been able to get the hang of is hitting my morning alarm for a "snooze".  I keep accidentally turning it off.  This morning I did that and then promptly fell back asleep.  I woke up nine minutes later than my typical time - usually I hit the snooze once and get up at 6:09 but this morning it was 6:18.  I jumped out of bed and got moving and was ready to take Tinkie out at our normal time.  She usually waits for me in the hall but this morning she was down in the living room by the French doors to the deck.  She wasn't interested in the normal walk up and down the cul-de-sac.  She just wanted to be out in the back, sniffing for critters.  Exactly the opposite of what she wanted when I got home yesterday.  Then she wanted to go charging up and down the streets, making me run.  But this morning it was fine to just go out, take care of a little business and back inside.  So I was on the road at my normal time.

I came that close to winning my match up this week.  Less than 1.5 points!  I outscored more than half the teams.  This is, truly, the worst fantasy football season I've had in all the years I've played.  The worst by far.  Oh well, maybe next year I'll have the opposite luck!

We get tomorrow off and I will get to sleep in, which I plan on doing.  And then I think I'll get all of the housework done I would normally do on the weekend, plus the laundry.  Then when I get home Sunday night I won't have to worry about any of that stuff.  We have a big football game Sunday night.  The Seahawks are playing Arizona on Sunday Night Football.  It's a huge game for both teams.   And since they're on at 5:30 that means we'll be able to take our time coming back from Anacortes, get the grocery shopping done and then just be able to settle in and enjoy (I hope) the game.  The last one with the Cowboys was just so nerve wracking, it was hard to enjoy.

No comments: