23 November, 2015

It lives

Oh my goodness -- have I ever been sick!  It's been over two years since I've had a bout like this.  I got a cold, it went to my chest and then .... asthma out of control.  I spent all last week in bed.  ALL last week.  I'm at work today only because I simply must come in to do a few things.  I think I'll probably be out of here by noon, if I make it even that long.

Here's one of the terrible things about being sick -- I can't knit.  I just can't for some reason.  So my blanket has been sitting untouched for over a week.  I got sick on the 13th -- that is the first day I took off.  I knew I needed to see the doctor, after having gone through this 2 1/2 years ago, so I called for an appointment but my doctor didn't have anything until the following Friday, so I made an appointment for Monday evening with another doctor at the practice, but by Sunday, after two terrible nights when I couldn't sleep and coughed until I turned myself inside out, I went to the urgent care in the morning.  No infection, which is good, but the doctor gave me a course of steriods and said I would feel better in four or five days.  Well I do feel a bit better but not as good as I figured I would at this point.  Ah well, I'll do my meeting this morning and get all of my odds and ends done and call it good for the day.

On the way in today I lost a windshield wiper.  Not just the blade but the entire assembly!  Don't ask me how I did that -- it was stupidity, pure and simple.  So I'll have to take care of that as well because it may rain (or snow!) this afternoon.

Ah well -- now it's time for the first meeting of the day.

No comments: