30 November, 2015

Thanksgiving done and now .....

Wow, what a fantastic weekend!  First of all it was four days .... my favorite type of weekend.  And then there was the football.  The Huskies won the Apple Cup, the Seahawks beat the Steelers AND my fantasy team finally finally finally kicked some serious ass.  Although it's way too late for it to mean anything AND not only is Marshawn Lynch out for who knows how long, but Jimmy Graham had a season ending knee injury in yesterday's game.  Which is a tragedy.  Poor guy.

Not only did we have a nice Thanksgiving dinner but Saturday night we had a poker party and another good meal.  I lost at cards this time though.  Sometimes you just don't get the cards.  There's nothing you can do about that.

I knit and knit and knit on the blanket and now I'm doing the last magenta stripe and then one more grey one and I'm done!  I cannot wait!  This is going to be a seriously warm blankie.  Soft too.  There are so many other things I want to be working on but this first.

It was very cold all weekend and only 21 degrees this morning, but Ben really wanted to get the lights up, or at least started, so that's what we did yesterday.  It's not done but we got a good start, outlining the privacy screen in the front and the little fence, and three trees along the side of the house and two in the back.  Oh, and the porch rail.  All that's left is around the garage door.  We're not outlining the roof since all of the hooks were removed when the house was painted in the summer and neither one of us is keen on getting up on that high high ladder.

It's going to be a tough week.  A tough month.  I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments: