12 November, 2015

I wanted to sleep in ...

Yesterday was Veteran's Day and we got the day off.  If was of course looking forward to rolling over after Ben's departure and sleeping for another couple of hours.  However, I had remembered to turn my alarm off but I hadn't remembered to turn the volume off on my phone so, when the Do Not Disturb feature ends at 7 am email alerts, etc. start up again.  So I woke up just after 7 and that was it.  I lolled around in bed for another hour, but then gave it up and got up to start my day.

I had a little breakfast and gave Tink a nice walk and then dug in.  I got the laundry going, made a trip to Trader Joe's, and then the house cleaned, leaving me the rest of the day (until 4 o'clock) to work on the blanket.  I was nearly done with magenta strip three (out of four) but I had to wind another couple of balls of the yarn because I didn't have quite enough to finish it, then I have to have another ball for the last stripe and some for tassels.  After I got my hair done and the dinner going I settled in, finished up the magenta and started in with the fourth (of six) grey stripe.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Twenty-two more inches.

Yes it was a drag to get up this morning.  Mid-week holidays suck.  So many people are taking today and tomorrow off as well.  Except the students.  And it's quiet around here.  And I wish I could take a nap.  Well, it's my half day here because of my late meeting, so I'll get a nap this afternoon.

No comments: