21 May, 2007

I was tagged AND had a fun weekend

First time this has happened to me. A meme tag. I'll do the tag first, then the weekend update, such as it is.
-----------------------------

I have been tagged by Baa Bonny Belle!
Here are the rules:
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
Here goes...
  1. I have never watched "The Sound of Music."
  2. I can't swim.
  3. I adore peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches.
  4. When I was a little girl I begged my parents to change my name to Kathy.
  5. I still have my senior prom dress .... AND my junior prom dress.
  6. I collect heart shaped things .... boxes mostly, but I'm hoping to one day add a diamond. ;-)
  7. I only wear Chanel No. 5 perfume.
Now, time to tag...

Nonnahs
Sylvie
Karen
Tammy
Kerry
Nic
Shar
----------------------------------

Okay ... now for the weekend update. Friday evening I started getting my house back in order. I tidied up the downstairs mostly because that is where my nephew was staying. I got a good start on the "Scoop de Jour" cardigan (pattern thanks to my Secret Pal). I'm using Rowan Calmer in an icy blue - I guess I'd call it aqua maybe? It was an early night and therefore I woke up super early Saturday. The weather report was for partly cloudy with showers and it was windy outside. I knew I had to get the lawn mowed at least and I read in the paper that if one was planning on doing outside chores then Saturday was the day to do it. It was also the weekend for the University District Street Fair and I wanted to take a walk over to people watch but it was rather chilly and very windy so Tink and I just walked down to the bookstore and I had a coffee and muffin and Tinkie got loved up by everybody coming in and going out of the bookstore! I did something I haven't done for a long time .... I just laid on the couch and read for hours. No knitting. No housework. Just reading and it was lovely, although the book had a very sad ending. But what a nice way to spend the afternoon. I did, in fact, also get the lawn done and not a minute too soon. Of course it started raining in earnest around 3:30 so I was very smug about getting my grass mowed.

Sunday it poured. I mean POURED rain all day, which was fine. I only had a couple errands to run and then spent a couple hours working on my songs for the band rehearsal Sunday night. After a three ... no four week break(!) it was fantastic to get back to work and we had a GGRRRREAT rehearsal! I have gotten a lot of my range back and felt more confident. It has been so long and I truly didn't know if I had it in me still to belt it out. I sure hate rehearsing on a Sunday night because by the time I could get to sleep it was after midnight. Next week we're doing it on Saturday night so it won't be any big deal. I have a terrible sore throat this morning. I don't know if it's from singing so hard or allergies or what. I was awfully cold last night. Well ... I guess we'll see. Fingers crossed it's just over use and not a virus.

No comments: