25 May, 2007

La la la ....

Oh yeah, it's going to be HOT today. And so far they haven't turned the air conditioning on in my little cubby hole so it's stuffy as well. No matter. I'm going to work here this morning and get everything done that absolutely needs to be done and then take off and play with the doggies and, perhaps, do a little knittin'.

I got some wonderful news yesterday with regards to my dad's care for the foreseeable future and I am relieved and haven't a care in the world! Oh yay me! It's astonishing how much better I sleep when I don't have any worries. Now my biggest worry is am I going to get all three of my new songs down before Saturday night as well as the back-ups for the other two. Small worries. Not real worries. Isn't that nice?

There wasn't much knitting done last night. I tried to do some on the front of the Air Wrap-around but I was listening to the back-ups on a song and got off by a stitch on the eyelet row so I put that down. Can't listen and count at the same time, for some reason. Next up was the back of the Scoop de Jour cardigan but again I was trying to watch a show I had recorded and I am at the point where I bind off for the shoulders and work the two halves separately so there's counting to be done and so I'm going to have to dedicate some quiet time to get that finished so I can start up on the other parts. I think this time for a change I'm going to do the front pieces together the way I do the sleeves. Usually when I'm doing a pieced garment I do the sleeves first, together, then the back and then the fronts. This time I started with the back - just a little change up. With a long circular I can easily do both fronts at the same time. They're really not any bigger than the sleeves, odd as that may sound.

Fingers crossed for a nice weekend so I can get some gardening done!

No comments: