24 May, 2007

Oh what a gorgeous day!

It is just beautiful outside today. Not too hot, although tomorrow it's supposed to get nearly 80. Just in time for the holiday weekend! Let's hope it stays nice and that the forecast is off. My computer weather forecast says it should rain on Saturday but still be warm. It would be nice to just have a warm and dry weekend for a change.

My June is shaping up nicely. I have decided to go down to California for a weekend to attend a big major birthday bash for a friend. His wife is going crazy - it's like it's a wedding or something! So it'll definitely be a wonderful party and I haven't been down there for a whole year. I can't remember going a year without at least two visits in a long long time. I'm hoping to extend the weekend on one end or the other - hopefully staying over Monday because we will be out late on Saturday and I don't expect I'll feel much like hurrying to the airport Sunday. And as an extra added bonus I will finally be meeting my sister's boyfriend. Although we won't be getting off to the best of starts because she will be taking me to the party rather than him. And then when I come back I'll be at work for a day and then off to the party capital of the world, Salt Lake City, Utah for a meeting. At the very least it'll be wonderful scenery and usually these meetings are quite interesting, in a computer-geek way.

Tink and Jasmine were good doggies last night as I sat and watched "Lost" for (oh this sounds sooooo bad) 3 hours! There was an hour pre-show retrospective thingie and then the two hour finale. We took a little break (thank goodness for the DVR) and went outside for some fun doggie romping and then they just settled down. I didn't get much knitting done. I frogged the portion I needed to of the Scoop de Jour and got the armholes finished and thought I'd better stop because the directions were getting complicated and I was otherwise occupied.

No comments: