23 May, 2007

Totally odd week

I am so wacky this week .... kept feeling like Friday to me all morning! I have a friend doing a non-cancer chemotherapy, so I was moral support this morning and I'm working from home this afternoon. And when I work from home it makes me realize how desperately I need to invest in some more RAM for this machine. It is sssssslow when I'm using my web site program. Quite frustrating. I can get the work done but it's as if I'm on dial-up or something. A bonus now that my garden is cleaned up -- I can open the curtains here in my office and look out to flowers. Nice.

I was watching a movie last night and working on the back of my Scoop de Jour. I measured before I went down and figured I had about 8 more rows to go before I started my armhole decreases. Imagine then my surprise when I measured the back and found that I had overshot it by one whole inch!! That's not something one can ignore, so I started picking up stitches so I could rip it back. I wasn't doing well - it's not something you can do with half an eye on the TV and with your work in your lap, so I put it down and that will be my chore this evening before "Lost" finale starts. I took the Airy Wrap to chemo to work on, but there was much too much chatting going on to concentrate on it. It goes quickly though.

Tink and I are hosting Jasmine for the long weekend. We got her today and we'll have her until Monday evening. Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather the rest of the week. I am hoping to also get some gardening done since I'll have Sunday AND Monday. Saturday I'll have to practice for rehearsal ... since I haven't even downloaded the lyrics for those 3 new songs yet, let along started learning them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelley!
Secret Pal here...catching up on your blog! I don't know if you got my email a couple weeks ago, but I hadn't heard from you so I thought I'd post here so you know I haven't forgotten you!
I've got your reveal package goodies on their way here for some wrapping and stuff and they'll be on their way to you. (And probably a little sumthin sumthin before that ;)
Enjoy the Lost finale! I fell behind and have been downloading episodes to catch up so I can't watch it live tonight! :(
(And I can't wait to see Scoop de Jour!)