16 May, 2007

What I like about spring

It's unpredictable. Yesterday it was nearly 80 degrees. Today .... about 20 degrees cooler. I don't mind. It lets us ease into summer.

And speaking of ease -- that's what I took yesterday. I felt a strong need for a "Shelley" day and so I took one. I slept. I wrapped and sent my Secret Pal's gift. I did one thing for work. Otherwise it was all about enjoying the sunny day and not worrying about anything or anybody. I did a little knitting on the soon to be felted bag. I'm almost done with it and if I had stayed up late I could have finished the knitting but the fun part is putting it in the washing machine so I figured I might as well go to bed and read and finish the knitting part of it during Wednesday noon knitting and felt it this evening. It looks like it's going to be a useful sized bag. If it turns out nice I think I'll put it on my pattern page. I haven't put anything up there for ages and ages.

I'm trying to decide about vacation. My sister reminded me that it has been a whole year since our cruise! I have spent all of my vacation time in the last year (with the exception of that oh-too-short-but-awesome week in London & Paris) at home doing decidedly NON-vacation type things. I have some friends who live in Paris and every year they rent a gite (a country house) in either the Loire Valley or Normandy for the week of October 27 to November 4. They've invited me again this year to join them but it's right in the middle of autumn quarter. I would so love to go and I have until the end of July to let them know, but it seems pretty unlikely. I'll have to take a hard look at the class schedules and see if it's even possible. I am not at all keen on the professor I work with at the end of Autumn quarter so I wouldn't mind too much disappointing him, it's just the mess that I would have to return to .... well no sense borrowing trouble. I will for sure look into it. But that's a LOOOONG way away and I need to be looking for a break a little earlier than October or November. Well at least there's a 3 day weekend coming up at the end of the month. Looking on the bright side.

No comments: