22 May, 2007

A resting day

The sore throat turned out to be a real sore throat and not just too much singing. Swollen glands, headache .... you know. I gave myself a break today and just stayed in bed. I actually slept until nearly noon! It's been pleasant outside so Tink has been happy laying in the sun and barking at the construction workers across the street (my neighbors have started adding a master suite to their house - a new floor) and the odd dog or jogger. I finished the sleeve of the Airy Wrap-around and picked up the stitches for the right front. I don't know that the yarn fuzz is doing anything to help my headache but I don't feel like reading. What I wouldn't give to be on a nice warm beach, listening to the waves. My friends Steve and Ginny are in Hawaii and every evening at cocktail hour Steve sends me a picture of his current umbrella cocktail, blue skies in the background. I can almost hear that cheesy Hawaiian music.

I had such weird fever dreams last night. The one I can remember best involved being a house guest at Arnold Schwarzenegger's beach house. I kept making fun of his accent(!) ... couldn't stop myself. And cozied up to Maria, asking her if she baked much. Where does this stuff come from??

I have three new songs to learn for Saturday and backups for another two but I don't feel much like doing that either. I was hoping to be feeling much better by now but here it is nearly 5 pm and I'm still dragging. I've got lots of stuff to do tomorrow and a meeting with the chairman on Thursday so I'd better get it together, right?

No comments: