08 May, 2007

Just a wee bit of knitting for a change

Oddly, since I have professed time and again how much I HATE gardening, I have been fussing around my little renewed garden quite a bit and keep looking closely at the plants for growth. In the pictures it looks so bare and sterile, even after all the hours of work, but I am going to try to hold off planting any more until things start growing. I have plans for a bit more clean up in the front and then I'll tackle the back jungle. I suspect that is going to cure me of my current gardening love affair. What I truly NEED to do, and soon(!), is "man up" and use the weed whacker. The lawn is growing so quickly and of course I can't mow close enough to the fence on the south side of the yard so I'm going to have to scary, noisy thing. Better do it this weekend before it gets too tall.

I did get the front of the Morestripes finished last weekend. Then I took out my "new" sewing machine for the first time and sewed the steek. And then, by golly, I cut it! I have a picture of that too but it's not very good because I was taking it on my own, one handed and the camera was a bit unsteady. It wasn't difficult. Two lines of sewing on each side made it easy to see where I should be cutting. I picked up the stitches and just last night finished up the 8 rows of ribbing around the V-neck. Now to do the armholes and I'll be done. It's going to be nice with a little white tank under. And I'm not scared of steeks anymore and in fact can't wait to do another one. This time I want to do the armholes as well.

Yesterday I got pretty much settled into my new office and today I need to finish unpacking (one crate left). It's not so bad, actually. I thank whomever was in charge of leaving the trees in front of my window. So I don't need to stare at the trucks and such (seems the crane is not going to be outside my window after all - whew!). There will be truck traffic and I can hear the street noise because I need to keep my window open since there is now ventilation to speak of. It's a much smaller office than I had before - only 9x9. Plenty of shelving and I'm at the end of a hallway so it's quiet except for the aforementioned street noise. Always got the iPod if I'm going crazy with it.

I had an AWESOME run yesterday lunchtime after a week off. The weather is absolutely gorgeous for a change so I think I'm going to run again today, just because it's so beautiful outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, with the steeking! I have yet to steek myself, but I've heard it's fun once you get over the fear and shock of doing it for the first time.