10 May, 2007

Things are calming down

I am completely moved into my office and even have laminated a sign for my door. Not the last time but the time before I was in Paris I had purchased some cards with old photographs of the city and one of them is just so beautiful that each time I would try to send it to someone I would stop and put it away. It's a picture of the Eiffel Tower with some sort of parade underneath and clouds of birds flying around. In reality probably not so nice - it's most likely a military parade from WWII and those are pigeons, but when have I let reality ruin things for me, eh? I like the picture and it's something nice in an otherwise dreary hallway. I am at the end of the hall and therefore can use the side entrance, which is handy. The only thing ...(and it's a huge thing in my opinion) .... is this odor that comes and goes. It's a very very nasty smell. I am going to get some incense to burn in my office although I suspect that someone in the building will complain because that's what people do, isn't it? Will I have the guts to ask them the question? "So, you'd rather smell that horrid smell than incense???" Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Yesterday I spent the morning being moral support for a friend having a (not for cancer) chemotherapy infusion. Thank goodness it went well - better than expected - and it gave us a couple of hours to chat, which we haven't had for a while due to the weirdness of our lives these past two weeks. One of the strange things is that my ex-husband (her brother) died very suddenly Saturday before last and we hadn't really had a chance yet to talk about that. Anyway .... I got some knitting done and we got some good chatting done and she had a positive experience. Life, while weird and capricious, isn't so bad.

I worked from home for what was left of the afternoon since my dad was having surgery and I wanted to be closer to the hospital in case I was needing to run over there. Things went well for him and I got some work done.

Last night I finished up the stripped vest and got all of the ends tucked in. I need to photograph it but it's lovely, it fits and I have a green linen shirt that exactly matches one of the greens in the colorway. And I mean exactly. Pretty smooth.

This lunchtime I'm going to walk up to the LYS, which is having it's annual sale. I need some Koigu KPPPM for the contrasting color for the Tahoe cardigan I'm making from Knitty. I got some gorgeous powder blue Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora on sale at Webs and it's going to make a great cardigan. Then I also will look at Rowan 4 ply Cotton to make the Isabella also from Knitty. Two patterns from the same issue .... well, I'm not totally 100% committed to Isabella. Size 3 needles, people. That is just one size bigger than my sock needle. Yikes.

I'm also going to order some yarn from Elann for my Secret Pal's next package. I've got a couple things at home for her but I need some more yarn and then, hopefully, I can get that off to her next week early.

No comments: