14 July, 2008

At the crossroads

I was knitting away on the top for my sister, the "Sizzle", and came to my last ball of yarn so I stopped. I need to decide if I am going to wind some off of it for one of the front sides or if I'm going to work from both ends of the ball. I anticipate that working from both sides of the ball will be difficult and messy, however winding off the correct amount might be a bit difficult as well. I think the most logical solution is to knit to the point of the V-neck and do my best to wind off half at that point.

I can't decide which project I want to do next. This top should be finished up by the weekend. Maybe it's time for Fifi.

Summer is finally here and it was warm to hot all weekend. Saturday I baked a birthday cake and a peach cobbler and also made a big batch of guacamole for a joint birthday party that evening. It was brutal being in the kitchen all morning in the heat but it had to be done. And it ate up the whole day, pretty much. Sunday I got my poor dirty little dog bathed, got my nails done, grocery shopped AND started writing out the thank you notes. That's going to take a couple more evenings. I guess we should start thinking about packing next weekend. Only two more weeks of this brutal bike ride and I am counting the hours. I did have a personal best today though - 57 minutes to the intersection of 25th and the trail. That's only about a mile from work.

No comments: