15 July, 2008

Orange is orange is orange?

I got the two skeins of Ella Rae Shibu from Dianne on Ravelry. I knew it was a different dye lot but I will be able to use it for the trim on the Sizzle top. But it is just amazing the difference in the two dye lots. I am always surprised by the wide variance of what is purported to be the same color. The balls that I got from Dianne are much brighter orange than the ones from my dye lot. I like mine better, frankly. There is a bit more brown in them. I do think that with the seed stitch that is used for the bands that the difference won't be all that noticeable. My goal now is to be able to finish the front of this with the last ball! I think I can do it, but it's going to take some clever management because I have to work the two front sides separately. Boy, if this doesn't cure me of starting a project before I am sure I have enough yarn ....

I gave myself the night off last night - no knitting, no thank you notes. I just reclined, read the paper, did the crossword and read my latest knitting book - Runway Knits. One of my knitting at noon buddies brought in a copy from the library and I loved it so I bought it. There are a couple things in there I'd like to make. And I have four more books coming from the IK book sale. Woohoo!!

No comments: