24 July, 2008

I want to break up with my hair stylist

This is not a trivial thing. I am mindful of the fact that if it weren't for Lisa Marie I wouldn't have met my DH, so yes, I owe her. But she drives me nuts!!! I wanted to stop seeing her a couple years ago but then we had a friend in common and she kind of went crazy on us, then she introduced me to S and so I couldn't stop seeing her then. And now I'm like stuck! Last year she and I went to a wine picnic and auction and S calls it our first date. That event is coming up soon and Lisa wants to go and S wants it to be just us, of course. And so do I!! She keeps bugging me about it and I told him that he's going to have to lie and say he can't get her in this year. I think I'd strangle her if I had to spend more than an hour with her. I swear, on my wedding day she was dithering around while I was trying to get downstairs to get some pictures taken before the guests started arriving and I finally just lost it and screamed at her, "Oh. My. GOD!!! Get your damn purse and let's go!" It's not like me to yell or lose my temper but she tries me every time I spend any time with her. If I didn't know better I'd say she was on speed.

I finally ran out of excuses and so had to get on my bike today for the penultimate trip from Bothell. I snapped some pictures of the roosters this morning but I think I'll wait to post them tomorrow. I wanted the bunny as well and it's usually hopping around on the way home. I must say, having a few days off from the ride made it much more enjoyable. My muscles had time to stop aching and I wasn't huffing and puffing at the top of the hills. The sun even came out. It's been hiding the past couple days.

No knitting last night. I did knit a bit at noon. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend. I certainly have the inclination!

And finally ... I was reading one of my favorite blogs - A Little Loopy - and was inspired to create my own mosaic like Disentangled's. Here's how it goes:
- Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
- Using only the first page, pick an image.
- Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker.

Questions:
1. What is your first name? - Shelley
2. What is your favorite food? - French food
3. What high school did you go to? - Mountlake Terrace
4. What is your favorite color? - pink
5. Who is your celebrity crush? - Matthew McConaughey
6. Favorite drink? - vodka martini
7. Dream vacation? - Paris
8. Favorite dessert? - chocolate cake
9. What you want to be when you grow up? - happily knitting
10. What do you love most in life? - my dog, Tinkerbell
11. One Word to describe you? - Happy
12. Your flickr name? - Shell Picto

And here's my mosaic:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great mosaic, first of all! I did mine a little while ago, but I love seeing everyone's! Now, as for your hairstylist - that's always a toughie, breaking up. But hey - you gotta do what you gotta do! And, I think you and S should go by yourselves to the wine picnic!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, the hairdresser dilemma. Just tell her it's your "1st Date Anniversary" and though you "love" her, NEW hubby comes first this year, sorry... If she has a hissy-fit, then you can break up with less guilt.