17 July, 2008

Four down ...

My goal this week was/is to bike into work every day. Today is the fourth day and it looks like I'm going to make it. Each day I get in one minute later. I can feel my legs and butt -- the muscles are sore but not so sore that I'm limping or anything. I have been having a hard time find the right amount of hydration and calories to get before I head home. Typically about mile five or 6 my stomach starts to growl which makes it very difficult to ride. I think I've finally hit upon a good combo. I felt good going home last night. I ate an apple and a piece of string cheese about 30 minutes before I left and then right before I went I drank an Emergen-C. I'm going to try it again tonight and see if it was indeed that combination or just happenstance.

There hasn't been any knitting at home this week so far. I've been busy either writing thank you notes or planning the big move. Since S has to work I am going to be handling the first 3 or ... no, 4 days of the move myself so he is organizing everything. Spreadsheet at all. He's a great organizer. He'll get the truck and the labor handled and all I've got to do is make sure everything is packed up our end and supervise the installation on the other end. Oh .. and put stuff away. But that's going to be the fun part!

At noon knitting yesterday one of the girls brought a couple books she had bought from the IK book sale a couple weeks ago .. or was it last week? Anyway I ordered my books the same day so I was so excited when I got home yesterday, expecting S to come home from the post office with four new knitting books for me. But no!! I was SO disappointed!!! Maybe tonight. I do need to keep knitting on the Sizzle, although I'm getting a little scared that my final ball of yarn won't take me up to the shoulders on the front. If not I am going to be SO PISSED! I should just get it over with. Knit and knit and find out one way or the other. I still have thank you cards to write though so I've got a good excuse for procrastination. As if I need one ....

No comments: