18 July, 2008

Yay for IK Press

My books were there when I got home last night! I got the Knitter's Companion, Scarf Style, One Skein, and Knitting Little Luxuries. All just great books and so of course AGAIN I didn't knit a single stitch but did manage to skim through all four books. I really was in the mood for sushi so we walked down to the local sushi restaurant and had a really lovely meal. Another hour of looking at knitting books and a further hour working out strategies for the move and there it was -- bedtime!

I must say I am really looking forward to this weekend. I want to relax!! Maybe watch a movie. I don't know though, there's a lot already going on. The Bite of Seattle is this week and if the weather is nice, like it is supposed to be well then I suppose we're going to go! Also my annual high school golf tournament and dinner is Saturday. I'm not going to play golf this time because I just didn't feel I could spare the time and S doesn't golf. But we might go out to the club and have dinner. Sunday evening we're meeting up with the current owners of the house. She's going to let us take some measurements and tell us about the house and maybe introduce us to neighbors.

It looks like I'm going to make my goal of riding in every day this week. Although I must admit I was feeling it this morning. Yesterday evening I did the apple and string cheese thing again and I really did feel like I had more and enough energy. I decided I was going to see exactly how fast I could get to my new, soon-to-be exit from the trail. So I leaned over those handle bars and peddled as hard as I could, once I got away from the UW crowd. The path was pretty nearly empty and so I was able to get up and go. I was averaging 3 1/2 minute miles and I got to my new cut off point in just under 32 minutes. I was winded but I pretty nearly kept up that pace all the way home, making it in 64 minutes. But sushi is a pretty light dinner and even with my cup of coffee and little Quaker granola bar as usual, I was just not very energetic this morning. Plus it was a bit windy. Anyway, I'll be glad to rest up and do nothing but a little strolling this weekend. I'm tired!

No comments: