25 July, 2008

A brilliant business opportunity

AAA for bikes!! No, seriously. It looks like yesterday was, in fact, my last bicycle trip from Bothell because when I was taking the bike out of the garage this morning the back tire was flat as a pancake. I do recall there was some glass somewhere along my ride home last night and I must have caught a piece of it. So I had to run back upstairs, unpack all my junk and get dressed and drive in. How handy would it be to make a phone call and know that when I get home someone has come by and fixed my flat? I would totally pay for that service! As it is I now have to drag my bike into some shop sometime next week. As if I don't have enough to do already. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

Yesterday I got my latest package from Elann. I bought 15 hanks of Noro Silk Mountain in the colorway Wine Garden. This is completely different from the colors I usually buy but I was feeling adventurous when I ordered it. Also I don't usually go for boucle yarn either. But I am thinking of making a shawl/wrap thingie with little sleeves from the Runway Knits book called the Trellis Shawl. This is also a departure from my normal type of knitwear, and who knows I may even gift it. It just kind of called to me. I wanted to start it or at least swatch it last night but the yarn comes in hanks and even though I am now the proud owner of not only a ball winder but an umbrella swift as well, I haven't unpacked the umbrella swift yet. I thought I might as well leave it in its box until the move is completed. So ... no swatching. I just cooked and veged last night. My fingers are itching though. I have got to get some knitting in soon!!

Today is a big day. We're going to sign the papers for the new house which closes Monday. Excited? Uh ... a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Congrats on house-closing day!