07 July, 2008

Back to reality - kind of

Back at work today. After a week and a half of profligate living I thought the ride in would be harder than it was. My bike broke on the way home last time I rode - Tuesday before last - and lucky for me I was in walking distance to a bike shop and home. So I had a nicely tuned bike to ride today and made decent time. I was a little slow because I was looking for the steps to the trail from 135th, which I found. They are steep but doable. Why was I looking for steps to the trail? Because we found a house, made an offer and it was accepted! We are going to close in 3 weeks. I swear. What am I going to do once this whirlwind is over? I am going to feel like I am the laziest person on the planet. But there's much work to be done before that happens.

This house ... oh I love it!! It's only 35 minutes on the trail to work, which is fabulous and something I know I can do year 'round plus which I will be able to start running again when I'm not riding so far each day. There is an office on the main floor for S's business, a 3-car garage and tons of space! The yard is easy care and beautifully landscaped with a sprinkler system. It has air conditioning, which for this part of the world is pretty non-standard. Room for a home theatre upstairs and a large family room downstairs plus an eating space plus a formal living and dining room. The kitchen is big and awesome. Upstairs besides the master suite with a fabulous bathroom (with a jetted tub!!) and the home theatre, are two other bedrooms. One for a guest room and the other for my office/yarn room. Oh ... and it's painted lavender! I know it sounds kind of weird but it works. Enough about the house - there are still a few hoops to go through, like the inspection. It's not done until we move in, right?

I got some good knitting done during my week off. I finished the Water Lily top and I started and am nearly done with the back of the Sizzle I'm making for my sister. Hope to have pictures tomorrow. I am using a gorgeous orange Ella Rae Shibu for it. I had lots of time on the 4th to knit because S was doing a big show and so I had hours and hours of sitting waiting for the fireworks to knit. Lots of comments from people walking by. I knit until I couldn't see any more and then ... voila! Dark enough for the fireworks. Getting home was a bitch, of course, because of traffic. But the symphony was very nice and S did an amazing job. I was truly impressed. Which makes it much easier to give a compliment, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on the house! Everything is just falling into place- so awesome! :)