10 July, 2008

Surreal experience

I have to share this -- it was just too weird!! Yesterday I was sitting on the porch of my soon-to-be new house, rocking in the porch swing(!!) and I heard Christmas music. To be precise, I heard Natalie Cole singing "Do you hear what I hear" from the Holly and Ivy album. I know this because I own it. I heard this clearly and then a car pulled up kitty-corner across the street. Mind you, I am sitting clear across the street AND a house north and this car is sitting there with all the windows closed and I can still hear this Christmas music as clear as a bell. And the guy sat there and sat there for at least a minute, maybe two. Then the car door opens up and the music is WAY blasting! I don't know how he could stand it in there. Christmas music. In July. He was a normal looking guy wearing shorts and sneakers and a T-shirt and sun glasses. Nothing out of the ordinary. He walked up to the door of the house and taped a piece of paper to the door and then sped away. All the while this Christmas music is blasting. Isn't that weird?? You don't know how hard it was for me not to run over there and ask him why in the world he was playing that music, and why so loudly? But I didn't.

The house passed inspection with flying colors, which is what I expected. Here's a picture my agent asked me to pose for. She is such a sweetie.

And here's a picture of the front of the house.

It was a picture kind of day. My nephew's pictures arrived yesterday and I went through them and put up a few in a slide show, viewable on my wedding blog. Also the professional photographer's picture link came. I am not that happy with all of those shots. My make up was severely messed up (I think) and I want to be able to go through his shots and pick which ones I like as opposed to which ones he likes. So when his disk comes in the mail I will put up more. He did make some nice group photos and did some artsy shots of me getting ready and some nice B&W ones. I just don't like the ones where the crappy make-up job is obvious.

So bottom line is that there was no knitting last night because I was in front of my computer until 10:30 fiddling with pictures and putting them on my iPhone, etc. Today we're having an extra knitting at noon session since I was unable to make it yesterday. yay!

No comments: