09 July, 2008

Two -- FO and WIP

Oh I'm on fire! Two pictures today. They're not good pictures, mind you. But pictures all the same. And I have no reason not to take good pictures except I always decide right before I am heading out the door that I should take some pictures so I throw the project down on any surface that is even almost large enough and snap a quick shot and away I go. So that is why the picture of the Water Lily Top is so bad -- I just found a spot and plunked it down. But you can see the pretty colors anyway. As I suspected I will need to wear a tank underneath for modesty sake. It's not something I usually wear but I may. I am not all that keen on the yarn actually. That is probably due to the fact that I was knitting it with larger than called for needles and it's slick. I have plenty left over since this took only two skeins, and not even all of the second one. I might make a scarf with it or maybe even sell it.

Now comes the "Sizzle" in, appropriately enough, a very brilliant and bright color of Shibu. When I started making the shrug in the lovely mauve Shibu and needed more of it I also ordered 5 skeins of this orange and 10 skeins of a lovely straw color. I assumed that 525 yards would be plenty for a tank. Come to find out after getting the back nearly completed that the Sizzle in the size small calls for over 600 yards. I tried to order another two skeins from Little Knits but they were out. I don't know about you, but I find it particularly nerve wracking to be knitting away on a project and not know if you've got enough yarn to finish it! And yet ... yes ... this is the second project in as many months as I have had to deal with this. I did find a nice person on Ravelry who has some of it in the same color but different dye lot. So I may be able to purchase some from her and use it for the trim around the neckline and arms. That would be okay. And who knows, since this has such a deep neckline I MAY be able to make it with the yarn I have but wouldn't it be terrible to get two rows into the neckband and find that the yarn had run out? Then what? Gah!!

No comments: