29 October, 2009

Today is my Friday

Yay! I'm taking Friday off this week -- tomorrow -- to make good and sure Mr. M gets to the airport on time. If I could, I'd walk him to the plane and see that he actually gets on it, but no ... we're not allowed to do that any more. So I will get him to the curb and trust that he gets on that plane. And then .... ahhhhhhh .... nine days of Shelley time. And to celebrate, tonight we're going to Maximillians for dinner. That cute little French restaurant in the market. I love that place. Unfortunately it's going to be dark and we won't be able to enjoy the view, but the food is SO good.

Yesterday was my half yearly dental cleaning and check up where I got the fabulous news that I need to have a crown. I know it's better to take care of these things before a) the tooth breaks or b) one is writhing in pain, but I sure hate them. It's the 2 1/2 hours in the chair that gets to me. I don't like being numb. I always think ... what would happen if it stayed that way? Silly, I know.

Today is a 60 minute run at lunchtime and it's raining now, and cold. I don't mind too much, actually. I like running in the rain. I just hope I have another great run like Tuesday.

Yesterday at noon knitting I just ripped out the Pomatomous fingerless mitts. I realized that the reason I don't knit on them any time but on Wednesdays is that it's a fiddle-y pattern and the combination of yarn and needles makes it nearly impossible to do. Fingerless mitts should be easy -- TV knitting. So I'm going to start over and do an easier pattern. I meant to work on the angora sweater last night but I never got around to picking it up. Maybe tonight after we get back from the restaurant, since I don't have to get up early tomorrow.

No comments: