24 December, 2013

Working on Christmas Eve

I cannot remember the last time I worked on Christmas Eve day.  I won't be here long.  I don't really have anything urgent to do, but I may have a tweak on a web site to make before I leave.  I'll just stay for a few hours. 

Yesterday was also a short day.  My chairman came in so I was able to get a credit card number and get the booklets ordered for his Hawaii meeting.  And then I went home via the mall.  I wanted to pick up some drawer liner from Bed, Bath and Beyond and since I was there anyway, I strolled through a few stores and found a cute top at The Loft.  Then I got out of there.  It was a  madhouse with about a million crying children.  Tinkie got a nice long walk in what was left of the light - it's pitch dark before 5 o'clock - then I got the yak down scarf to soaking and fetched my blocking pads down from the storage unit.  Pinning that thing out was a chore!  I don't usually block rectangular scarfs, but this one really needed it.  I started out measuring the width as I worked my way down the length of it, but I realized that it was crooked so, duh, I started again and this time pinned one side down, measuring the distance from the edge of the blocking pads, then pinned the other side using the same technique.  That worked a little better.  It should be dry when I get home today.  I'll snap a picture before I unpin it.  I'm anxious to see if it feels as yummy now that it's blocked.

That was all the crafty stuff I could get to yesterday.  By the time I got my hair dried it was 7 o'clock and I had to get some dinner made.  Then I just relaxed with a nice glass of chardonnay and a movie. 

Happy Christmas everyone! 

No comments: