11 June, 2007

A good way to start the week off

With a smile ... You know sometimes when a dream is SO real that it's almost spooky? I had one of those this morning. I was relieved to find out that one part at least was not true and that's that I had changed jobs and had an hour commute to work! Otherwise it was a funny encounter and I am left with a nice feeling of optimism and good fortune.

It was a pretty good weekend, all in all. Friday turned out sunny and very warm so even though the weather forecast was for rain all weekend, I skipped mowing the lawn Friday after work and instead Tink and I went to the Alehouse to sit in the sun and read ... oh, and drink a "Kilt Lifter". On the deck, as they call it, there are chairs and umbrellas and a little fence around it to keep people from parking too close, or something. Anyway, as I was sitting there a woman drove her motorcycle up behind me and parked it. She was a rough looking woman - short sleeved Harley t-shirt and tattoos all up her arms. But her bike! Wow ... I mean it looked like it had never been driven, it was that clean and shiny. She came in and sat with her buddies and had a drink and was nice to Tinkie - gave her peanuts, which she loves. So when the woman was leaving I turned and said "Wow, that's the prettiest and cleanest motorcycle I have *ever* seen"! Did she say "Thanks"? Did she say "Well yes, I just bought it". No -- what she said was "It's not a motorcycle. It's a Harley". Ooooookay then.

During the night it clouded up and Saturday it was raining. All day! I was just kicking myself for not mowing Friday evening. You can almost see that grass growing and the forecast called for rain all weekend. Tink got a long overdue grooming on Saturday and I just lazed around. She looks all serious in this picture, snapped this morning before I left. Check out the lush lush lawn, baby! And good luck came my way (as it has been doing lately ... finally) on Sunday because it was breezy and blew all the clouds away! It was gorgeous so I got the lawn mowed after all. And found one of my favorite stores going out of business and everything was at least 50% off so I got a couple of tops and a really great pair of summer pants.

Band rehearsal went south again this weekend! The drummer couldn't make it until nearly 9 on Saturday and that was too late to start. Then he's going to be off for surgery for a couple weeks and I'm going to be gone to California and then a meeting so June is just a total write off. I think I should be able to get together with the guitar player (and leader) this weekend to go over vocals and backups and that would be helpful. Then July we can really hit it and hopefully he'll book us a gig so we've got something to aim for!

Knitting wise -- I finished up the Airy Wrap-around but have not yet sewn up the last sleeve and tucked in all the ends. I did try it on and .... well, how the heck are you supposed to wear that thing without looking all bunched up?? I don't happen to have a stylist handy. I'll fiddle with it. It is pretty cute.

I started the Isabella top. Size 3 needles. Ouch. It is like making a top out of sock yarn. I got a good bit into it. This picture shows the unturned hem and about 4 inches of the body. This top is going to take me for-freaking-ever to finish but I like the color and the texture of the fabric. And one of the things I wear most that I have made my Green Gables so tanks and T-shirts are good things to make.



And finally we have a picture of the ever present sock. I am not crazy about the color scheme on the sock but oh well. The next pair is going to be awesome! And the back and two fronts of the Scoop de Jour. I am very close to starting the armhole decreases.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, look at that Tink! Glad your week started off better than mine- I came into pissy emails at work. Boo!