15 June, 2007

Well of COURSE it's raining today!

I noticed patches in my newly created lawn that were a bit brown. The weather report keeps predicting rain but it never appears. So I watered the dickens out of the grass last night and I awoke about 3:30 am to the sound of raindrops. Oh well ... if that's all it took, I'm happy.

Nothing much knitterly to report - still working on the bags. I'm about 1/2 done with the "fancy" one. The bottom is very fast, but body not so much. But it's perfect TV and/or movie knitting or, in the case today, knitting for the hair salon.

I got an email from my Secret Pal today saying her "reveal" package is on its way to me. Hope it gets here by Thursday because I'm stopping my mail on Friday for a week and a few days and if it doesn't come by Thursday I won't get it until I get back from Salt Lake City. I'll be home for a day between trips but I won't be able to get my mail.

I did SO want to hire someone to help me in the yard tomorrow but if it's going to be raining I don't want to do it. I'll check the extended forecast later today and hope that it's set to clear up. I am in the mood to get some work done out there! The front is just so nice compared to the back.

No comments: