13 June, 2007

Is it so wrong to be a creature of habit?

Well, sometimes it is. Like this morning. I drove in today so that I could have the car here at work to be able to run out to my dad's for a meeting at 3. I was late and then the phone rang which disrupted my zombie-like morning movements. Mike wanted Steve's address so he could send his final CD to him. (Oh, check out the web site Mike's niece made him. MUCH nicer than the plain one I turned out -- it's in Flash and she's a graphics designer as well. She did the cover design for his CD too. Oh. And the music isn't bad either. ;-)) Anyway, I was dashing around getting bits and bobs in my various bags [lunch, knitting and hand], got the dog called in, picked up my sunglasses from the side table and swept out the door. Only to realize the instant the door was closed that I had neglected to pick up my keys. Nothing else to do - I had to climb in a window. Lucky for me it's not winter and one is conveniently unlatched. Only thing I have to find something to climb up on so I can swing my leg in there or else I'd get all grubby. Well I got it done anyway and to work not too late [like anyone notices where I am now]. And that's my story. Let's hope the day progresses with a little less drama.

I seem to have gotten over that weird leg/hip (actually my gluteus) problem I was having last week with running. I had a good solid run on Monday and I'm not sore or limping so I'm going to give it another go today. I would sure like to get back to 3 solid runs a week. Those new shoes! That's what got me off track how many weeks ago?? I've certainly learned a good lesson there. NEVER EVER buy running shoes from anyplace but the running store. They check your gait and really know their stuff. And I tell you, it makes a huge difference. One little bit of alignment problems and it can throw your whole body out of whack. Not fun.

As I was laying in bed last night not sleeping, I kept thinking about all the use I'm getting out of the last felted bag I made. I call it my Noro 150 [because of stitch counts]. It is such a perfect size for toting around projects. The knitting books or 8 1/2 x 11 printed patterns fit perfectly. I was thinking of making a couple more versions, taking some decent pictures, and submitting the pattern to Magknits. I'm sure it's not tricky enough for Knitty, although I am considering one of the 3 versions to have a bit of easy Fair Isle but still .... it seems to me that for a pattern to be accept on Knitty it's got to have a gimmick and/or be "piquant". Or be a pair of socks. heh

No comments: