14 June, 2007

A little pre-work pamper

This morning I treated myself (well if not me, then who??) with my little windfall. Sure sure ... I could have bought some clothes or hired someone to work in the garden, but I just really needed a splurge and it is SO totally worth it. I am feeling and looking good.

Oh! And speaking of looking good -- I've got a killer idea for a new picture for my blog profile. That one up there is a year old now and I'm getting tired of it. So while I'm in California visiting my sister we're going to shoot a new one. It is going to be so fun!

I'm going to run again today. I've had two good runs this week and no pain (knock on wood) so I'm going to be daring and run today even though I did it yesterday. I don't usually do two days in a row but I'm going to be taking my friends to the train station tomorrow and working from home (hopefully getting a garden helper in as well) and so I know for sure that no matter how good my intentions I will not run tomorrow. It's supposed to get nice this afternoon - right now it's threatening rain.

I got all inspired yesterday to create a couple more felted bags quickly so I can submit them to Magknits. The deadline is the 15th of each month and I don't want to send pictures of just one type of bag, so I'll just get them done quickly and take pictures and have it early for the July 15 deadline. After I stopped out to see my Dad I went to JoAnn's and found some stuff that I can iron between two pieces of fabric that I can use to stiffen up the bottoms of the bags - make them a bit squarer. I am, basically, trying to recreate my favorite shopping bag. Every time I visit Paris I make sure to go to this wonderful incense and candle place called "Esteban". Their shopping bags are the BEST - perfect size for carrying my lunch when I drive into work. And they are also a great project sized bag. The Noro 150 I made is almost exactly the size of this little shopping bag. I'm working on one now that will incorporate some novelty yarn (otherwise known as why the hell did I EVER buy THIS?!?) and be kind of funky. Or ... ugly. We'll see. Beauty AND ugly is in the eye of the beholder baby.

No comments: