21 June, 2007

Sum-sum-summertime

I do believe that today is the first day of summer and so .... everybody put on your shorts!!

I haven't been doing much and not even blogging, have I? I did manage to get my Secret Pal's big ol' package sent off. Did a few rows on my pretty green Isabella yesterday with the noon knitting girls, and a few rows on a sock while I watched a movie last night but that's about it.

Today I'm working from home and multi-tasking -- cleaning up things around her preparatory to my two trips. I'll only be home for about 24 hours between California and Salt Lake City so I don't want a mess around here. I'll have to spend Monday evening doing laundry and futzing with the garden and Tuesday packing. I'm going to miss Tink, but I figure I can do without here for that one night. It would be too much trouble to pick her up from her friend's house just to drag her over here to sleep with me. I think I can sleep without my doggie for one night.

And I need to figure out which project(s) to take on my trips. I don't believe I'll have much time to knit when I'm in California so I think I'll just toss in my sock. I should be able to have some time in Salt Lake City between meetings and presentations and stuff so maybe the Isabella.

Now to get on with the day. Look for the airport cocktail tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy first day of summer! Have a good trip!

Jen said...

Shelley!!!! I got your package!!! Thanks so much. I don't think anyone has ever had a better Secret Pal in the history of Secret Pals. I am working up a blog about you/the package right now.

Thanks!
Jen

Jen said...

I just tagged you with a birthday meme! Check out my blog, http://knittinglikecrazy.blogspot.com, for details!

Jen :)