18 June, 2007

Now the waiting

I sent in my first ever pattern submission ever to Magknits on Friday. I know that it was after business hours there (wherever they are in the UK) but I figured what the heck, I'd send it anyway. Close enough. And over the weekend I finished a second prototype so I sent a picture of that yesterday afternoon (which was Monday morning for them). So now .... I wait.

I had to get in early this morning because I had two women coming by for make-up exams at 8:30 and I needed to be set for them. One of them was out of here in less than 30 minutes.

It's nasty and wet outside so I am glad I had an excuse to drive in. Besides having to make sure I was on time I also wanted to bring in my last package for my Secret Pal so I could take it up to the Post Office tomorrow to get it sent to her. I need to add a card and a couple little things but otherwise it's done. It's just too large to carry in my pack and/or my panniers so I had to drive it in. I hope she likes it. I added some fresh sprigs of lavender from my garden so it's going to smell good - that much we know for sure.

Not a terribly exciting weekend, but not bad. Friday after my hair appointment I went out for drinks with with Lisa and one of her customers who just "happened to drop by". I don't know that I completely believe that, since I had expressly forbidden her to ever ever try to fix me up again, but in this case it turned out to be a very pleasant experience. I didn't stay late since I had not only Tink to go home to but Jasmine as well, hungry for their dinner.

Saturday was supposed to rain but I got out in the morning and got the grass mowed and went all around the new beds and pulled up rogue weeds. I cannot let it get out of hand! Or it'll end up like the back which is overwhelming. I like having one area that I know I can handle and keep nice looking. The kicker is that it never did rain on Saturday and I could have hired someone to come work with me. Oh well. But Sunday it rained, which was find because I had lots of errands and chores to do.

It's going to be a short and busy week - leaving Friday afternoon for SoCal. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey- best of luck with your Magknits submission! Good for you! Keep us posted (I'm sure you will).