04 June, 2007

Happy Monday

It's cooling down, which is a relief since it was just blazing hot all weekend long. Last night I thought for sure we were going to get some rain. It was thundering and a few drops fell but that was it. Surely it'll rain today. It's very muggy and windy. The blisters on my feet are gone so I can run today. I think I'd rather have it raining than windy. I don't like running in the wind.

The weekend was hot and uncomfortable and just a little weird. Do you feel sometimes that your iPod, when playing on shuffle, has it out for you? Or senses your mood and serves up just what you're in the mood for? Or ... or I'm just insane. Anyway, my iPod and the car radio and any music anywhere around me at all were all in on the same cosmic joke, it seemed. So I spent a good portion of my weekend pining. "Other Side of the World" must have come up 3 times at least.

When I wasn't pining, I was working in the yard or running any number of errands. It seemed both Saturday and Sunday that I didn't get done with chores and errands until nearly 5 each day. Thankfully my basement is nice and cool so I spent a good deal of time there. I did finish up the right front of the Airy Wrap-around, got the heel turned on that ever present sock and started on the leg ribbing, and also got about 2 inches from the start of the armhole decreases on the Scoop de Jour. I was looking forward to rehearsal yesterday evening but there were scheduling conflicts so .... next weekend.

I have to get serious about getting my final Secret Pal package together! I have a good idea of what I want to do this time so I just need to get it done, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like your rehearsals keep getting rescheduled- too bad. On the other hand, I'm glad to hear your blisters are gone- those are the worst!

BTW- don't know if you saw, but I did the Random things meme- just for you! http://alittleloopy.blogspot.com/2007/05/random.html