12 June, 2007

They're gone!

The students are gone and the campus is nice and quiet. No clumps of surly, shuffling people to bike around in the morning. Plenty of room at the bike racks. No long lines at the espresso stands. It's just perfect! And this morning, while it is a bit chilly for my taste, the ride in was gorgeous with blue sky and puffy clouds and then, when I turned the corner to head south towards the big fountain there was Mount Rainier. Oh! I forgot -- last week there was a Blue Heron in the fountain on my way home. I see them frequently this time of year in the fountain, for some reason. But that was my first of this year.

No knitting last night. I had a busy day at work. And then had to pick up my friend's little boy and run an errand with him so it was after 7 when I got home, totally exhausted. Oh I would have given anything for a shoulder rub. You know how it is when you've been busy and all the tension goes into your shoulders and neck. Well Tink wasn't about to step up, so I had a martini and let it work its magic while I read the paper. And then -- no knitting. None. I made a nice little dinner and watched one of my favorite movies, which just happened to be on last night. "Cold Comfort Farm" I don't know why I like that movie so much. Maybe it's because everything gets tied up at the end -- everyone gets their heart's desire. Now I must resist the urge to keep saying "I saw something nasty in the woodshed".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about needing a shoulder rub. That's how I am pretty much every day of my life. And I'm not exaggerating!