27 July, 2007

I guess I'm powerless

I am going to be playing golf tomorrow. It's our second annual class reunion and golf tournament and this year I'm playing. So I figured I'd better get some new golf shoes since mine are so old and how many more excuses does one need to buy a new pair of shoes? I noticed when I was reading the sports section of the newspaper a couple days ago that a golf shop nearby was having a big sale, so I zipped over there last night to snag a pair of golf shoes, and I got some cute ones too! Fake Alligator -- I know, sounds weird but they are really really cute! Well so, since I was there I thought I'd try on one of the nifty little skirt/short combo thingies and oh, I had to try a shirt on with it. You know where this is headed - I walked out of there with an entire new outfit. Pink skirt, white shirt with brown stripes along the sides and brown shoes. So even if I'm going to be an absolute duffer, I'm going to look good doing it!

I'm hoping to finish up my last "whimsical" felted bag this weekend. It'll be a couple weeks (waiting for materials) before I'll be able to make swatches to show what other colors I will be able to sell of that bag since I was unable to buy more of the color I am using now. Kind of a hassle but to keep the costs down I need to buy what I can find at a price point that makes sense. It's just an experiment anyway .... something to do.

And speaking of something to do - we're finally going to have another band rehearsal! It's been over a month but things have just kept happening. When July rolled around and everyone was done with meetings and vacations, the drummer's Dad passed away! Then my thing - well we need to get back on the horse, so to speak, and to that end we're meeting up Sunday evening. The leader said he has recruited a keyboard player, which will really add a lot to the sound. He wants to add 3 new songs from the latest K T Tunstall CD, which I am all for since I lllllove it! But he's got to settle down, make a song list and book us a gig! I know, easy for me to say. For the time being I'll just shut up and sing when he says sing.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh man, you are in a band? That is very cool!

Enjoy the golfing! :)