10 July, 2007

You're absolutely right ....

I haven't been blogging much lately. It's not only that I haven't been knitting much but that I've been dealing with some family issues and spending a lot of time away from the computer. On the positive side, my sister has been visiting since July 4 (I just took her to the airport this afternoon to fly back) and we got TONS of work done in the back garden. Therapy really - working up a good sweat and having something to show for it other than sweaty gym clothes. There is much work left to do in the back but the beds are all cleaned out, the rockery is cleaned out, the shrubs have been pruned and the larger trees cut back. I still need to clean the moss off of the patio but it is so so SO much better now than it's been for years. Just a few man hours. It's just too daunting to do it myself but when two are working it makes it go much faster.

Last evening I started the armhole decreases for the Isabella and got a good bit done. Hopefully tonight I can work some more on it. It is beastly hot here. We're having a heat wave in Seattle. It's nearly 90 degrees now and tomorrow it's supposed to get to 97 degrees. That's hot anyway you look at it. And I've been SUCH a piggy - a week at a meeting and then a week with my sister - too distraught to run or go to the gym and eating and drinking way too much. I can ride my bike the rest of the week and if I run tomorrow early it shouldn't be too bad. AND I've got to start going back to the gym because it's air conditioned and easier than working out in the heat of the day. The evening bike ride is torture enough.

Also, I'm going to be going to the driving range soon - I'm playing in a little golf tournament at the end of the month and I need some brushing up! And new golf shoes.

No comments: