26 July, 2007

Who can explain a "thing" ...

I've been having this thing for felted bags lately. Like for the past few months. I sent an email to the Magknits team but didn't even get a reply so I must have done something wrong. The submission guidelines are clear enough but it did say that if you were a first timer to send an email .... ah well, no matter. I had the brilliant idea yesterday of re-opening my Etsy shop and selling felted bag kits, or the pattern separately, or a finished bag. I've got two "models", if you will. One of them is rather whimsical and uses a novelty yarn and the other is rather more sedate but still has some interesting knitting so it's not totally boring to make. I remember that when I first had my Etsy shop, like ... what 2 years ago? .. the only things that sold were my felted bags! So I will be killing two birds with one stone - getting rid of a few of these bags that keep multiplying around my house and maybe earning some little extra money. I'd like to buy a ball winder and swift or a blocking board.

Yesterday was much hotter than we had expected. Even though I ran at 11 so that I could be cooled off by the noon knitting group, I was still quite flushed and hot. Luckily the air conditioning was blowing in the conference room so I was able to knit without the yarn sticking to my fingers. I am 8 rows away from starting the left front shoulder of my Isabella. I didn't work on it any more last night. After biking home, walking the dog, and mowing the lawn I was beat! I settled down to read the paper and had a cocktail and then the phone started ringing and the best I could do was a few rows on the current TV knitting project - a felted bag of the whimsical variety. I should be able to work more on something tonight although I am very keen on finishing up my re-reading of the 6th Harry Potter book so I can go on to the last one. I haven't even opened up the package because I'm afraid I'll sneak a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. How disappointing about Magknits. No response. That sucks!

2. An Etsy shop- how fun! And what a great idea! OMG, you NEED a ball winder and swift!