18 July, 2007

Raspberries for breakfast

This time of year it is such a joy to go to the produce section and see blueberries and raspberries and strawberries -- all local and all SO good! My yummy breakfast makes up for the fact that I arrived at work soaked! Yes, it's not sprinkling, it's raining big fat drops. My bike jacket is covered in mud because now that my office is in a different area I bike for a little ways on an unpaved portion of road and as a result came in with a jacket striped with mud. Oh well.

I dashed home last night, ran up to the optometrist to pick up my glasses ("Be careful" she admonished. "Yes, I'll try not to step on them again"), quick stop at the grocery store, then walked the dog and then gave her a much needed bath. In order to keep cool she lays down in the dirt and bark ... she was pretty filthy. I used that lovely soap my SP10 Pam sent me - it works great for her face and makes her smell great. I had just settled down with the paper, preparatory to getting a big chunk of my Isabella done when my house guest called. He wanted to take me to dinner and that was not a difficult choice - Hmmm .... salad or go out? Easy - we went out. I had a nice chicken breast cooked in a pseudo Caribbean sauce-y way -- it was good. No knitting, but it is Wednesday, so I'll be meeting at lunchtime with the knitting ladies and perhaps also tonight I can get a bunch done.

I am looking forward to a good run today. Always when it's raining I have such a powerful run. Someone suggested to me it's because there is more oxygen in the air. Do you think that sounds right? Maybe. I don't care why, it's just good.

No comments: