17 July, 2007

It rained last night!

Oh happy day ... clouds and cooler and even some rain. It must have been a gentle rain because it didn't wake me during the night, but the cement was still wet when I got up this morning. It's not chilly by any means, but comfortable. It's a nice change.

Everyone is talking about Ravelry, and I signed on for my account nearly a month ago. There is now a link to check where you are on the list and I am #10058. 4132 people are ahead of me in line. and 7682 people are behind me. 32% of the list has been invited so far. Isn't that incredible? I had no idea it would be so huge.

I also signed up for Secret Pal 11 a few days ago. I just have so much fun with those exchanges. I've met so many nice people, learned new things, and have tons of blogs to read every day, as a consequence. I'm still working on projects from several exchanges past. It won't be starting for a while, which is good.

I am still under siege from the house guest from hell, aka McG. I came home yesterday to find dirty socks on the dining room table [I am NOT kidding], the bed still pulled out downstairs and his stuff all over. I left the mess, assuming he'd be around in the evening but he called after 8 saying he was going to stay with his sister and sorry about the mess, he'd be by to get his stuff tomorrow (today) and may or may not be staying another night. Thanks for the heads up.

Not that I was doing much yesterday evening anyway -- true to my intentions I worked my fingers to the bone on the Isabella exclusively. I got almost one full repeat of the lace leaf pattern in the front done. Then I stayed up late reading. But I really feel I accomplished something and if all goes well I should be able to finish that up this week.

Oooo! And my glasses - my super favorite ones that I stepped on? ... I took them to the optometrists on Friday and ends up they could just replace the hinge and I just got a call that they are done! Yay!! Super news. Now ... if the rain can hold off for my walk to the gym in another hour or so, life will be good.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh I just looked up my Ravelry number too. It's not that pretty-7212. Well, I guess we have to be patient. I have been told to start photographing my stash by others to make things easier, so maybe that will help the time go by faster!

Sorry about the house guest from hell. That sucks.