11 July, 2007

A sickening crunch

This morning I heard something fall in the bathroom. I looked in and saw that my makeup mirror had fallen onto the sink. I started in to pick it up and then changed my mind since I was already running late and as I turned to go I heard something crunch under my foot. Instinctively I didn't step down harder but lifted my foot up only to see my beautiful wonderful most favorite glasses in the world on the floor, one ear piece sticking up at an unnatural angle. Damn damn damn!!! I didn't look closely enough at them to see if they're repairable or not -- I am hoping they are because I just love those frames. How very annoying.

And speaking of annoying - can anyone tell me how this could happen? I'm looking at my Isabella yesterday. I'm on the second ball of yarn and working on the back, halfway or more through the armhole decreases. I thought at first it was a trick of the light but in fact it looks like ball number 2 is from a different dye lot! Let me assure you I checked and double checked before I purchased the balls and I re-checked the ball bands from the used balls and they all say 131. The yarn shop doesn't have anyplace where a single ball could be sitting in the sun and get bleached out nor have I left them out so that could happen. It's just weird. Thank goodness it's the back. Probably nobody will notice but it bugs the dickens out of me.

Hot. Hot hot hot hot. It's already nearing 80 and it's not yet 9:30. I'm going to go run in an hour or so because I think it'll just be too hot for that at lunchtime. I managed to stay relatively cool downstairs last night and the fan in my bedroom makes it bearable. I'd have to sleep downstairs if I didn't have that fan though.

No comments: