03 July, 2007

It really feels like summer

I know, it IS summer, after all. But for us here in the Pacific Northwest ... our summer is usually end of July through September. Here we are just 3 days into July and it's hot and dry and sunny. Nice. I am trying very hard to keep my new lawn green, I'll tell you that. There are some beginnings of brown spots - I mean it's nearly impossible to keep it completely green. Most people just let their lawns dry out and go brown around here for water conservation but since it's a new lawn I must keep it alive through the summer. AND keep the weeds out of it. My neighbor to the south has a whole lawn FULL of dandelions. Just getting ready to go to seed. grrrrrr

I am WIP heavy. I've somehow gotten on a felted bag kick, although I did work on my Scoop de Jour while at the meeting. What I need to do is devote some serious time to finishing up a few projects. I've been knitting on the same sock for months! I know it's meant to be a "take along" project but I do like to finish and wear them from time to time, plus which my Secret Pal sent me some awesome purple sock yarn and I've purchased some sock yarn myself that I want to knit up. I do so love the feel of handknit socks. This time of year it's not an issue, of course, but I still want to finish, for crying out loud. Especially since I'm not all that keen on the colors of the ones I'm doing now.

And then there's the sleeveless top, the Isabella, that is going to be so pretty and useful. It's slow going. Maybe I should concentrate on that to the exclusion of the other projects. Just work on one project at a time. What a concept. hmmmmm

1 comment:

Lick My Sticks said...

I can't wait to see that sock yarn knit up!! Glad you like it!