24 July, 2007

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Things are slowly coming back to normal. There was a death in the family - not unexpected but still ...

I have been reading and knitting. I decided that I wanted to read the last two Harry Potter books before I started in on the last one but I started too late to finish them both. The newest book is now sitting on my dining room table, unopened. I am into book 6 now so it won't be long before I can crack open the last one. I just need to stay away from spoilers!!!

As for knitting - I feel like ... oh, you know those dreams where you're running and not getting anywhere? That's it -- I knit and knit and knit and nothing is finished! I did get a good start on the left front of the Isabella. I finished up the closed lace leaf portion and split it and got about 3 repeats done. I have, according to my calculations, 28 more rows to go before I start the short-row shaping for the shoulder and then onto the second half. I'm not going to have it finished this weekend though. Saturday I've got a golf tournament/class reunion to attend. I really need to spend some time at the driving range since I haven't been on a golf course in I don't remember how long. At least it's just a "best ball" thing and really only for fun (although there are cash prizes).

The rain and humidity and warm temperature have caused my new lawn to start growing like crazy again. Also, there are some very odd fungi coming up. I suppose it is from the compost the landscaper put down before she rolled out the sod, or maybe from the sod itself. They are strange though. It looks like it's going to be drying out here for the next few days so I can get it mowed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear your news. I hope you are okay...