12 July, 2007

Now here's where my face turns red ...

I've been knitting how long? And yet another "duh" moment. I was working diligently on my Isabella yesterday evening. Oh it was hot. I mean H-O-T and I was in the coolest room of the house, which is the TV room in the basement. The patio doors were open and there was a bit of a breeze coming in so it wasn't too bad a place to be. So I'm working away on the back ... and in the natural light again I can see the difference in those two balls of yarn and it's bugging the heck out of me! So for at least the 3rd time I take out the ball band from the ball I'm using and check it with another ball band on an as yet unused ball and what do you think I see? I'll tell you - the number I was looking at was NOT the dye lot number, it was the color number!! CRAP!! Sure enough I have two dye lots in there. I now have to hope that the front of the garment will not take more than two balls of yarn. Since it is split I am pretty sure I can make it from two of the same dye lots. The back ... well, I do have lots of hair.

I was at the meeting in Salt Lake City and someone just sent me a picture -- so here I am at the last evening with my friend John. As you can see ... lots of hair. It will definitely cover up a good portion of the back and if anyone is looking THAT closely that they notice a subtle difference in yarn colors well then ... they'd better be buying me dinner!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have lots of duh moments when knitting too! :)

Have a great weekend!