10 October, 2007

And the sock goes on

I finally finished the foot portion of the sock last night and have started on the toe decreases. I've got noon knitting today so might be able to finish it there. I won't be knitting tonight (rehearsal), nor tomorrow night (another rehearsal), nor Friday (dinner party). My life has all of a sudden gotten so busy! I have to make a date for myself just to get some alone time with Tinkie.

After a phone message to the leader of Band "B", who supposedly want me to sing with them at a party on the 27th and we've yet to rehearse any of my songs(!), I got a call back and we hashed out a rehearsal schedule and made a definite list of my songs and then others for the other two singers that I have to learn back ups for. This is a HUGE list, as you may well imagine. His problem, besides being a scatter brain, is that he's trying to phase out a keyboard player and guitar player and phase in a new keyboard player and guitar player without either of them knowing about it. The job on the 27th is being done with the OLD guys so we have to do songs they know. Well ... it's super complicated and my life has now become very complicated. I definitely have my work cut out for me these next couple of weeks. Then there's Band "A", with no bass player in sight, who want me to sing with them twice a week. To what end? We have a birthday party booked in January, which is quite a ways away. Tonight Band "A", Thursday Band "B", Friday fall over in a puddle of exhaustion. If I didn't have to work for a living life would be infinitely easier, yes?

And work -- we're winding down the big class - final exam on Thursday. I have gotten all of the parts in order and all I have to do now is make 166 copies of everything. Except. Except someone decided this would be a good time to put the copy machine out of order for some maintenance or other. What now? I think I'll sit tight and have another cup of tea and do some deep breathing. Maybe knit ......?

No comments: