29 October, 2007

It's true!

It came back to me. No stage fright. Everything went well AND I went looking for new boots and got this killer sexy pair of black boots and a new dress because ..... well because it looked good and I wanted to feel confident. Makes sense, right? So every went well generally, except for the fact that there was an open bar and the guitar player overindulged which meant that sometimes he didn't seem to be playing the same song. I'm serious. Oh -- and I had to sing back-ups on songs I didn't even know. That was interesting. Other than that though it was fun and I'm looking forward to doing it again soon. I would only hope that there could be some more rehearsal. I completely understand that it's a drag to have to rehearse songs you already know with a new member of a band but that's just life.

AND not only that but I finished something! Woohoo! I finished the ruffle scarf for my sister. I had EXACTLY the right amount of yarn. I mean ... it was perfect. And I love that yarn SO much! I want to make other things from it. A whole sweater -- yeah but I have too many projects. This would be wonderful for Christmas scarves and hats though. Just yummy!

Although the weather cooperated I did not do any work in the yard nor chores around the house. I was that busy! Getting ready for the gig Saturday and shopping and getting my nails done. And Sunday I took Tink to the dog park and she got muddy from head to tail. Then it was bath time, fiddled a bit on Ravelry, finished up the scarf and it was time to get ready for a concert I was going to Sunday night. So -- let's keep our fingers crossed for a good weekend next weekend so I can get some work done!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on a good show! I love the boots. And, I just made a ruffly scarf too! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG. These boots ROCK!