24 October, 2007

My super power

Yes, I have a super power! Whenever I walk out of my office .... my phone rings!! Isn't that awesome? Now what can I do with such a super power, I am wondering. Hmmmmmmmm ...

Yesterday was an incredible day - over 70 degrees and just gorgeous! Not that I took huge advantage of it, since I was at work all day. I'm going to run today and, of course, it's going to rain. I just need the weekend to be relatively nice so I can get in the garden and ... mow the grass one last time. I will need to rake leaves in the back too, although they are going to be continuing to fall for a few more weeks. It's nice to start getting them up before they're soaked and heavy with rain.

I drove in yesterday because I had an errand in the morning and so I decided to stop at the grocery store on the way home - most efficient. Yes until I realized while I was in the store that I had left my phone at work. Back I went in rush hour traffic to retrieve the phone. No land line at home and my sister down in California in the fires -- I wasn't about to leave my phone at work.

I am starting to think about getting a jump on my holiday knitting. My sister has asked for two things - and her birthday is in December so whichever one I get done first she can have for her b'day. Still, I've got a few other people that I'd like to make something special for - a couple hats and maybe a nice scarf or two. At the rate I'm going though - I've not had a true FO for a while now. Time to step it up!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ah, the holiday knitting, how the knitters stay up late into the night thinking about it. :)

Hope your sister is doing ok in CA.