26 October, 2007

A much less accident prone night


So I quit channeling my inner blond, finally, and managed to get a few things done without totally screwing up. I walked up to Weaving Works at lunch to get the yarn for my sister's Ruffle Scarf. I made so many of those for Christmas gifts a couple years ago ... or was it last year??... anyway she wanted one in black. I was thinking Rowan Kid Classic but when I got to the yarn store it didn't feel quite as soft as I had remembered, so I just kept touching yarn until I found Indiecita Baby Alpaca Brush by Plymouth. Super soft with a nice halo. I got nearly done with the 3rd row (out of 4) of the ruffle. Then it's just two rows of single crochet on the other edge to make the ruffle base wider and there you are. It's really a lovely scarf. I wear my green one ALL the time.

Well, count down to Saturday night when I am, after all, singing with that band. Only doing 4 or 5 songs myself, which is just dandy with me considering the lack of rehearsal. I'm working like a fiend trying to memorize those songs. You know, I never ever used to get stage fright but I think just this once, I might be a little scared. I am hoping that once I put foot to stage and hand to microphone it'll all come back to me. If not ... well, let's not even go down that road. It will happen like that and it'll be fine. Thank goodness it's a party rather than a nightclub so people are going to be a little looser.

No comments: