08 October, 2007

Is the saying "Bad things come in 3s?"

Well whatever or however it goes -- I am feeling it. First my back goes out. Then I get the flu for a solid week. I was just feeling better, went to work Friday and Saturday was having a great day and, you are not going to believe this, I got food poisoning!! A very mild case, thank goodness. But still, if you've ever had it even a mild case cuts the legs out from underneath you. It was gruesome! I'm laughing now because of the bad timing but at the time - not so funny.

So -- on to better subjects. I knew I was getting better last Thursday when I was awake at 1 in the afternoon rather than sleeping as I had been for 5 days before. I wanted to knit! Wonderful! So I worked on Mike's sock and all was well in the world. I got the heel turned and on to the foot. This is the first top down sock I've made in a while and I am going to learn the Kitchner stitch this time. There is no reason not to. I am sure it's very simple and I like the look of the toe. It's almost as nice as a toe-up toe. I knit a good bit on them Saturday when I was recovering from my little tummy problem but nothing yesterday. I WAS going to rehearse but luck was not with us. Doug lost his power about 30 minutes before I was going to leave to head over there. So I just watched the Seahawks stink up the joint, read the paper and lazed around until it was time to go to a Canadian Thanksgiving party. Which was nice.

It's going to be a heck of a week, if all the things I've got going on my schedule actually happen. Which hasn't been the case but ... you never know. Plus which I am going to finish a sock and cast on for another one! For sure!! AND I've got to start thinking about my Secret Pal's second package. Big week.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I food poisoned myself last week. :) It was not funny at the time, but is hilarious now.

Can't wait to see the socks! :)