16 October, 2007

Wow - that didn't last long

I checked back with Elann's web site yesterday afternoon and ALL of the Calmer was gone! Even the super ugly colors. I was logged onto their site and as soon as 9 am rolled around I ordered. I think a lot of people must have been waiting for that. It's nice that Elann is on the west coast because you'd have to get up at 6 am if you were in NY if you wanted to get in on some of that action. It's kind of a pay back for every time Hirschner's has something decent in their closeout email and by the time I open it and go to the site it's sold out.

No my Scoop de Jour sleeves are NOT done and I am ashamed of myself. I want to wear that darned thing!! I am motivated to get it finished, believe it. It's just finding the time. I worked late, then dashed home and up to the post office to get my Secret Pal's package posted, then relaxed and read the paper. Then by the time dinner was consumed and a few phone calls done there sure wasn't much left of the evening for knitting. I'll be very disciplined tonight. I've got to get laundry done so I can figure out what I'm going to take Thursday on my little trip to SoCal and knitting and doing laundry works out well. I love going down to visit my sister this time of year. It's still nice and warm and sunny and here it's definitely autumn. I get to wear skirts and T-shirts and sandals all weekend. Ahhhhh

One of the beautiful things about Seattle and my commute this time of year are the trees. The leaves are turning and when it's not cloudy, like this morning, the sky is so very blue in contrast to the leaves. Just gorgeous.

No comments: