15 October, 2007

I Kitchnered my first toe!

Yes I did, I got out my book and sewed that sucker up! Yeah! Then I looked closely at it because one thing was bothering me as I got near the end of the stitches -- I had an extra stitch on one of the needles. Now I was pretty sure I had started with the same number of stitches on each needle but there's a chance I didn't, right? Anyway I was happy because it looked pretty good! Pretty good UNTIL I looked very closely. What was that little loop there? About three or four stitches into the toe closure here's a loop sticking up! Not good. A live stitch is what it looked like and by golly ... it's a live stitch! Holy cow! I must have accidentally slipped one of them off while I was looking at the book or something. I don't know. I carefully put it back into the knitting bag and this evening I will, with steady hand, catch that little live loop and corral it away into the inside of the sock somehow. Good heavens! It is SO lucky that I was inspecting that toe so carefully because I could very easily have missed that teensie lone loop.

I broke one of my yarn rules this morning but how could I resist? Elann has Rowan Calmer at 50% off! Sure, the four colors are not the best but one of them, Sour, is a color I particularly like so I got six balls which will be enough for a simple cardigan or ... or maybe Fifi (this picture is using I think the color I bought), which I have been aching to make ever since I saw Nonnahs' gorgeous version. And then after I checked out I looked at my Elann account and I am less than $12 away from earning my $50 certificate! Oh .. yarn yarn yarn ... my stash grows and yet my time for knitting does not. Sad but true. I could be getting to that point of having more yarn than I could use in a lifetime. Nah ... I have seen pictures of some serious stash. Mine is bush league.

I had a busy weekend and managed to get lots done including mowing the lawn for the last time this season (I hope), and I ran errands and did a little knittin', got a package ready to send off to my secret pal. I'm going to visit my sister Thursday for a long weekend and Friday I telephoned the airline to make sure I could bring my knitting so to that end, after I sewed up the toe of sock number 1 I got a good start on sock number 2 to bring along. I think tonight I'll finish up the sleeves of that Scoop de Jour that has been languishing yet again.

It was a terrible terrible terrible football weekend. Terrible. I don't even want to talk about it, it's that terrible. Awful. And I was at the game and we left before it was over. Ugly.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congrats on the Kitchener (even if you have to give it another go)! It took me a long time to work up the courage to do it, but now it is my sock closure of choice. :)

I had a bad football weekend too. I feel your pain!