09 June, 2008

I just had to start another project

Here's how it happened - I was expecting my package from Little Knits on Friday, or at the very least Saturday. And I was going to be able to finish up that shrug. Unfortunately it didn't arrive and so there I was with idle hands. Devil's playground anyone? Because my Denise set is holding WIPs and hibernating projects I also had to purchase 3 circular needles for the Waterlily Top. I cast on yesterday afternoon with the Colinette Enigma and wow ... that was not easy. The yarn is seriously thick and thin - rayon thick and thin which equals very slippery to boot. The pattern calls for a provisional cast on but there was no way I was going to be able to pull that off with Enigma. The reason for that is to make a cute, wavey bottom but the yarn itself has done a fine job of that. Plus the pattern calls for starting out with size 13 needles which is much larger than called for. It's going to be interesting.

I should have my Shibu tonight and I'm going to go right back to the shrug and try hard to finish that up this week. It shouldn't be too difficult. And the bad and cool weather is continuing so it's no hardship to have a lap full of sweater. In fact it's downright cozy!

I got soaked to the BONE coming in this morning! It wasn't raining when I left the house but less than a mile in it started. I've been here an hour now, had 3 cups of tea and I'm still cold. Of course my hair is wet - that could have something to do with it. I can't WAIT to move in closer to work!!!

No comments: