30 June, 2008

There went the bride!

Whew! Finally ..... I can relax. What a great GREAT wedding we had! I will have pictures to put up in a few days. I am taking this week off, although DH has to work all week to prepare for a big show on the 4th of July. I am going to get this house semi-organized and hopefully spend a couple of good and fruitful days with the real estate agent to find us a house. I looked at a solid potential on Thursday but there was a deal breaker - the heating is oil and, strange as this may sound, there is no gas line on that street!! We still have a little bit of detective work to do around it because honestly, it was just a great house in a fabulous area. I just know that you can't get yourself too invested in a house until you sign the darned papers. You never know what you're going to find.

I will put more details about the wedding on my wedding blog in a few days but here are some non-wedding highlights. My sister and I went to Frenchy's for manicure and pedicure on Friday and then for our make-up on Saturday. And the weather? Blazing, record breaking H-O-T. So in the same area as the day spa is that lovely yarn shop, Tricot. And in their windows ... hazard a guess as to what I saw? SALE. Oh yeah ladies, a sale at a shop that never has a sale on the hottest day of the year so far and I can't spare a single second to go in and take a look! How is that possible? It was my day and nothing could start without me. But still - I couldn't spare the time to go in. It's probably just as well. I'm going to have to tighten the belt for a few months now.

I was sorry to say goodbye to my sis and the boys yesterday but lucky for them they had wonderful weather and I think they had a good time. My sister was a huge help to me. I miss her so much! I wish we lived closer.

Oh and talk about a small world! A few of my friends attending the wedding are knitters, of course, and spinners and one of S's guests owns an alpaca farm(!!!), knows some of my friends and offered me F-R-E-E alpaca. *sigh* This bride thing is awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait to hear all about your big day! So happy for you!

Lick My Sticks said...

Congrats Shelley!!! Looking forward to pictures and stories!!

suzenew said...

Congratulations! I am looking forward to seeing the pictures!